SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
October 16 – 18, 2024.
The 2024 website is in progress.
The Comprehensive Clinical Cardiology Update
Evaluation • Treatment • Patient Care • Procedures • Challenging Cases
Update in Clinical Cardiology will be held on October 12 – 14, 2022. You have the option to attend either online as the course is live streamed or in person in Boston, MA.
This course provides a comprehensive review of state-of-the-art practices to diagnose and treat patients with cardiovascular conditions. Led by the leading clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Corrigan Minehan Heart Center, Update in Clinical Cardiology ensures attendees are current with recent advances in clinical cardiology and the best ways to incorporate them into daily practice to optimize patient outcomes.
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Advances in Electrical Devices
- Exercise and Heart Disease
- Thoracic Aortic Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Disease in Pregnancy
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Cardiac Critical Care
- Cardiomyopathy with Thick Ventricular Walls
The 2022 program offers you the opportunity to learn:
- Important medical and procedural advances for the management of common clinical problems such as coronary artery disease and heart failure (including heart failure with preserved ejection fraction)
- The latest transcatheter options
- Best practices to treat patients with severe valvular disease
- Important techniques for managing heart disease in pregnancy
- The new paradigms for care of specialized populations, such as adults with congenital heart disease, cardiac patients with cancer, and athletic individuals
- The latest concepts of diagnosis, decision-making, pharmacology, and therapy in the areas of ischemic heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, and congestive heart failure
The faculty is assembled from the best clinician-educators at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital and is designed to deliver the highest quality educational experience:
- Teaching practical, effective clinical reasoning and approaches that enable you to practice state-of-the-art clinical cardiology
- Allowing ample time for participants to interact with faculty and to pose and get answers to your specific questions
- Providing the latest information in an engaging manner and clinically usable context so that you have knowledge you can “take home” and immediately apply to patient care
OPTIMIZED FOR IN-PERSON and REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2022 program has been enhanced for both in-person and distance learning. In addition to being held live in Boston, all sessions will be live streamed, and all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 60 days after the end of the course.