The Comprehensive Clinical Cardiology Update
Evaluation • Treatment • Procedures • Challenging Cases • COVID-19
Update in Clinical Cardiology will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
This course provides a comprehensive review of state-of-the-art practices to diagnose and treat patients with cardiovascular conditions. Led by the leading clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Corrigan Minehan Heart Center, Update in Clinical Cardiology ensures attendees are current with recent advances in clinical cardiology and the best ways to incorporate them into daily practice to optimize patient outcomes. This program also ensures participants are current with COVID-19 updates and their clinical implications for patient care.
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Advances in Electrical Devices
- Exercise and Heart Disease
- Thoracic Aortic Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Disease in Pregnancy
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
COVID-19 coverage is presented in a dedicated half-day program as well as threaded throughout the course (as applicable), with faculty providing the latest updates within their specific areas of expertise.
The 2020 program offers you the opportunity to learn:
- Important medical and procedural advances for the management of common clinical problems such as coronary artery disease and heart failure
- The latest transcatheter options
- Best practices to treat patients with severe valvular disease
- Important techniques for managing heart disease in pregnancy
- The new paradigms for care of specialized populations such as adults with congenital heart disease, cardiac patients with cancer, and athletic individuals
- The latest concepts of diagnosis, decision-making, pharmacology and therapy in the areas of ischemic heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, and congestive heart failure
The faculty is assembled from the best clinician-educators at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital and is designed to deliver the highest quality educational experience:
- Teaching practical, effective clinical reasoning and approaches that enable you to practice state-of-the-art clinical cardiology
- Allowing ample time for participants to interact with faculty and to pose and get answers to your specific questions
- Providing the latest information in an engaging manner and clinically usable context so that you have knowledge you can “take home” and immediately apply to patient care
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2020 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 30 days after the end of the course.